a few weeks ago i went to Costco to pick up a bunch of pizzas for a meeting at church. while i was there, i noticed the chicken bakes (one of my favorite things to get from Costco when i was little) and that the ingredients were listed right below the picture. when i saw the words “bacon” and “caesar dressing,” two things that kevin looooves, i knew i had to try and make it.
i looked at a few recipes online and made a few adjustments based on what we had at home. the final product was beautiful and very delicious! it’s been so long since i actually ordered a chicken bake from Costco so i don’t know how “close” this comes to the real deal, soo i’ll just have to go to Costco and buy one to compare! warning: this is definitely not the most healthy thing in the world…
- 1 package (16 oz) Trader Joe’s plain pizza dough
- 1 large chicken breast, 1 chicken thigh (chopped into cubes)
- Half package (6 oz) Trader Joe’s uncured apple smoked bacon
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 Tbs chopped green onions
- 8 Tbs caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut pizza dough in half before it starts to rise. This recipe will yield 2 chicken bakes.
2) Chop bacon into small bits. Cook in frying pan and set aside in a bowl once almost crispy. Cook onion in leftover bacon grease until translucent and set aside in bowl with bacon. Cook chopped chicken in leftover oil in pan. Add bacon and onions once the chicken is cooked through.
3) Place chopped green onion in a medium sized bowl. Add 2 Tbs caesar salad dressing and the bacon/onion/chicken mixture. Stir to combine.
4) On floured baking sheets, stretch out the two balls of pizza dough into large rectangles (as large as you can get them). On each rectangle, spread out 2 Tbs caesar salad dressing in the middle of the dough (long ways). Add half of the bacon/cheese/chicken mixture. Top with 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Fold over each side of the dough towards the middle. Do not fold the ends.
5) Spread 1 Tbs caesar salad dressing on top of the dough and sprinkle of the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for 13 minutes.
6) After 13 minutes, remove the chicken bake from the oven and sprinkle on 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese onto each of the chicken bakes. Bake for an additional 12 minutes until the cheese starts to brown.
7) Remove from oven and let it sit for 5-7 minutes. Enjoy!