i never knew how amazing rosemary was, until i met kevin. he LOVES rosemary! recently we tried 2 interesting chicken & rosemary recipes. kevin actually cooked these (yes, he cooks for me too!)
the first chicken & rosemary recipe we tried was holy yum chicken. the person who created this recipe gave it its name because that was her reaction when she took her first bite, “HOLY YUM!”
- 1½ – 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8×8″ oven-proof pan with 2 layers of tin foil.
- In small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in the foil layered pan then pour the mixture on top of it. Turn the chicken around in the sauce to make sure it gets all coated.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let chicken sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate. Do NOT discard the liquid.
- Immediately after plating chicken, whisk in the 1 tbsp. of cornstarch into the liquid in the pan. You’ll create a nice, thick sauce to drizzle over your chicken. You need to do cornstarch mixing immediately because the liquid needs to be hot in order for it to thicken properly. If it’s still not thickening after 1 tbsp., you can add a little more.
- Sprinkle rosemary on top before serving. Enjoy!
the chicken was reeeeally good, but i think “holy yum” might be an overstatement. haha. it was essentially a honey mustard chicken that used maple syrup instead of honey. still really good and a winner in our book. go try it out and let us know if you think it is deserving of such a name!
Part 2 coming soon!