sooo the second chicken & rosemary recipe we tried recently was crispy sriracha chicken! i usually only use sriracha as a dipping sauce, but i was excited to see this simple and cool use of sriracha to marinate chicken!
- 4 to 6 (about 1 3/4 lbs) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 Tbs sriracha
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
1) In a large bowl, combine Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, fresh rosemary, sriracha, minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
2) Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade mixture over them. Seal bag and toss carefully to coat chicken.
3) Place bag in refrigerator and let sit 2-4 hours to marinate.
4) When chicken is fully marinated, heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken in an oven and broiler-safe baking dish and pour extra marinade over the top.
5) Bake chicken until cooked through, about 40-45 minutes. Heat broiler to HIGH and cook chicken until crispy and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
our chicken turned out a little dry…i wonder if i put it under the broiler for too long (in hopes that it would crispy up) which ended up overcooking it? or maybe the 40-45 minutes should have been shorter? not sure exactly what went wrong. the flavor itself was pretty good so we’re interested to try it again, but this time with chicken thighs to see if it tastes better that way.