in april we cooked steak with red wine reduction sauce in honor of a dish we tried at a food tasting for our wedding reception. at that same food tasting we also tried chicken w/ a sun-dried tomato cream sauce. it was soooooo good! here’s to recreating that dish and continuing with my recent sun-dried tomato obsession!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
1) Dry pat the chicken; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side.
2) Add garlic and stir 30 seconds. Add white wine, cream and tomatoes and bring to boil. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. If you chicken breasts are thick, butterfly them after 3-4 minutes of cooking in the sauce.
3) Transfer chicken to a separate plate. Add basil to sauce in skillet. Increase heat and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 2 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper; spoon over chicken and serve.
we cooked 4 large chicken breasts, as listed above, and then tripled the rest of the ingredients to yield more sauce because kevin loves his sauce and because we wanted extra for the whole-wheat angel hair spaghetti pasta that we served the chicken with. this recipe was SOOO GOOD! it tasted more and more delicious, with every bite. we’re planning on making this again next week, it was that good! it was also super easy to cook because everything went into one pan. kevin loved it but thought that the chicken marsala w/ cream sauce that we make, still wins out. i might beg to differ…in any case, try this recipe! it’s perfect for the summer!