a few weeks ago we ate this delicious baked ziti at a dinner party hosted by one of our professors. i asked for the recipe because it was that good. i’ve never actually made baked ziti before so i was happy to find a recipe that i was excited to try.
(recipe and photos courtesy of Inspired Taste)
- 16 0z dry ziti
- 1, 26 oz jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 3/4 cup sour cream (or ricotta cheese)
- 6 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1, 12 oz jar (or can) artichokes, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 in baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease with butter.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then add pasta and cook according to the package directions. While the pasta cooks, heat the tomato sauce over the stove or in the microwave.
3. Add drained pasta to a large bowl then add spinach, drained artichokes, hot tomato sauce and about a 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water. Then, toss. In a small bowl, stir the basil pesto and sour cream together, and then set aside.
4. Add about half of the pasta and spinach mixture to the baking dish. Then, spread the sour cream and pesto on top. Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sour cream then add the rest of the pasta on top of that. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling. Let the baked ziti cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving Then, enjoy!
hope everyone had a merry christmas ❤