helloooo summer! it is soo good to be back after having disappeared for the past few months. we survived the first year of med school, thanks to the love and support of friends, family, and community. my goal this summer is to try 1-2 new recipes each week, so lots of good stuff coming your way!
kevin’s grandparents recently gave us TONS of cherry tomatoes from their backyard so i decided to make this simple yet delicious pasta dish. i’ve made it before, but this time i decided to follow a recipe for some extra tips. the key is to finish cooking the pasta in the pan so that the noodles absorb all the delicious flavor of the tomatoes.
- 1/2 pound angel hair
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed basil, roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add in a good handful of salt. Add pasta. Cook aldente or until pasta is slightly undercooked. Using tongs remove pasta from water into a colander.
- While pasta is cooking, add garlic and olive oil to a very large skillet. Turn the heat on medium and cook until garlic becomes soft.
- Turn the heat to a medium-high and add tomatoes and salt. Cook until about half of the tomatoes start to burst. Add pasta, cook another two minutes.
- Turn the heat off, add basil and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with extra grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
the noodles took on a beautiful orange color from the tomatoes and were absolutely delicious. i decided to add a few tablespoons of pesto to add more of a basil-y kick. i love pesto! yummm