ond more day until Thanksgiving break! i’m soo looking forward to the holidays…sweet time with family & friends, and of course, good food! i know i’ve been slacking on writing new posts, but i promise there will be more around the holidays.
last week we made some fun and whimsical chicken nuggets. sometimes it’s nice to feel (and eat) like a kid!
(recipe courtesy of Skinny Taste)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- olive oil spray
1) Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
2) Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
3) Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
4) Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked though and the panko is nice and crunchy!
this recipe was pretty darn delicious (and super easy)! we were a little pressed for time when we made these chicken nuggets so we pulled them out of the oven when they were moderately crunchy but not super super crunchy. still good, but i’m a sucker for texture. sooo when we reheated them in a few days later, we made sure to let them crunch up in the convection oven and boy were they delicious! so note for this recipe: let those nuggets get crunchy! nom nom nom!