oh beloved fish sauce…how you stink so, yet make burgers taste incredibly delicious! (don’t worry, the strong smell of the fish sauce disappears once the burgers are cooked) summer = burger time, and turkey was on sale last week so i thought i’d try this recipe that i’ve had bookmarked for a while now.
- 2 lbs ground turkey (85/15-the fattier, the better)
- 1 1/2 Tbs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1) Gently combine turkey, rosemary, fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper in a medium bowl (do not overhandle meat). Form into 6 patties (make sure the patties aren’t too thick or else they’ll take longer to cook).
2) Heat grill pan over medium-high heat and oil spray with olive oil. Cook patties for approximately 4 minutes on each side. Make sure the meat is cooked all the way through.
3) Assemble with toppings and enjoy!
these burgers were so incredibly juicy and moist, i was pleasantly surprised! i think the fish sauce worked it’s magic, and the fact that the turkey was 85/15 probably also helped. kevin really liked these burgers. i don’t think turkey burgers are my favorite, but they were still good…yum yum yummm!