a few weekends ago, when we were loading our freezer with some already-marinaded korean meats that my mom made for us, i noticed a ziplock with chicken drumsticks that i didn’t use the last time i made dakdoritang. i wasn’t sure what i should make with it, but then i found this suuuper easy and perfect-for-summer recipe on Skinny Taste!
- 8 chicken drumsticks (skinless or w/ skin…your choice!)
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, grated
1) Preheat oven to 375°. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and lemon juice. ( We left ours to marinate for 2 hours)
2) Place in a roasting pan, skin side down, and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center near the bone. Flip the chicken halfway through so that the skin side is up.
3) When chicken is cooked through, remove from the oven and sprinkle with feta. Broil on low for about 2-3 minutes, until cheese is golden brown but not burnt.
this chicken smelled and tasted AMAZING! i personally think it could have used a bit more salt (oops, my bad!), but kevin thought it was great. it was perfectly crispy all around, and the flavors were so refreshing and delicious. i think that in addition to my sun-dried tomato obsession, i’m developing a feta cheese obsession…each bite of the chicken with the feta cheese was sooo good! i loved that this recipe was also sooo easy and called for so few ingredients! we’re definitely planning on making this again this summer.